My Family
Monday, October 28, 2013
About Me!!
Hello all! My name is Rachel Smith. I've decided to start this blog after a good friend suggested I start one, along with some encouraging words =) At first I was a little skeptical, thinking "Who would want to read what I write?", but the fact is that someone will. It may not be everyone, but someone will read it, and the words that I blog just may help that someone. So, if one person can read my blog and find some sense of encouragement, a little ray of hope where there once was none, then to me it is worth it. Well, a little about me, I'm a Navy veteran and the wife of a Sailor who is currently serving our country overseas, that was the reason for naming my blog "Life in Navy blue". We have 3 beautiful children, the youngest of the bunch was born during this deployment and hasn't met daddy yet. He did get to see her on Skype (yay technology!!), but he won't get to hold her or kiss her for the first time until she is about 7 months old. Our oldest is 4 years old, our middle baby and only boy is 20 months old, and our youngest 7 weeks. I have been writing ever since I can remember, at first it was songs, then poetry, any way that I could express myself in word form, I loved. Words, in written form. can be so beautiful; they can bring out emotions in you that you never knew existed, they can express emotions so deep and invoke thought. So, I will be sharing with you all my journey through everyday life in my own words and I hope that some of you can relate and find comfort in knowing you're not alone =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment