My heart aches, I'm losing my breath,
I can't think straight my mind is racing around in my head.
The distance is cold, the silence is deafening,
The dreams that I'm having of you isn't lessening,
The pain that I'm feeling from not having you here,
Some days so unpleasant I end them in tears,
But I'm waiting for you, waiting for your love,
Waiting for your arms to come scoop me up,
To pull me to your chest where I can hear your heart,
Beating so hard as if life had just started,
And in that moment warm tears will flood my cheeks,
And I'll think to myself, "My family is finally complete!",
And I'll lose myself while I'm wrapped up in you,
I'll forget about time and even the distance too,
It will all be worth it if just for that reason alone,
When the waiting is over and you're finally home.
As for tonight, I'll have to pretend,
That this pillow lying next to me is really you, my best friend,
But it can't rub my back and it can't hold my hand,
And it can't kiss my forehead or tell me it's plans.
At times I feel so lonely, what can I do?
Even a room full of people is empty without you.
I feel like I'm missing a body part,
Not an arm or a leg, much more like my heart.
It's outside my body and I feel like I'm searching,
Searching for it, but nothing is working.
I scream and I plead and I beg for it to return,
Hoping that in doing so I'll lessen the burn.
The burn that I felt when it was ripped from my chest
And I realized that without it I still had to progress,
To keep moving and fighting
To keep living and not dying
Even though I want to collapse on the floor,
and continue on fighting this fight no more.
It doesn't even matter, I don't have a choice,
I have to keep going until the next time I can hear your voice,
And when that will be,
I guess I'll have to wait and see.
I love you, I love you, I love you my heart,
So unfortunate that we must be apart
But don't think for a second that I'm getting along fine,
I just put up a good front most of the time.
The truth is I'm really falling to pieces,
Like a paper that's folded and torn at the creases.
Time for now is passing so slowly,
And my emotions just continue rolling
Down today and up tomorrow,
One minute I'll be fine and the next drowning in sorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment